All of our thoughts and prayers go out to those affected be the recent tornadoes in Garland, Rowlett and the surrounding areas. Heartbreakingly, a tornado with wind speeds up to 200 mph touched down the day after Christmas, which caused damage to an estimated 2,000 homes. Whether homeowners have insurance for their damages or not, there are many needs that these families will have in the coming months. Recovery is a long process and some residents will take years to rebuild their home and replace belongings. Right now, our Catholic Charities Fort Worth community can help by supporting relief efforts through donations. Catholic Charities Dallas and the Diocese of Dallas are leading the relief efforts, and if you would like to support them in this work please visit the Catholic Diocese of Dallas donation page at https://www.cathdal.org/help. All other inquires in regard to helping can be directed to Francine Speer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 817.289.0454. Thank you for your ever-present generosity to those in need.
- Reliant Supports Essential Storm Recovery in DFW with $300,000 in Donations
- Research Spotlight: Financial Resiliency Pathway
- Federal anti-poverty programs have their limitations, and money alone isn’t the cure
- Catholic Charities Fort Worth: Leading Families out of Poverty
- Why I Make Charitable Decisions in Quarter 1