Resources to strengthen families and home environments
Families First provides free assessment, parenting education, and support services to strengthen families using an evidence-based curriculum (Triple P). Families that benefit from this program include those who would like to strengthen their relationships and improve parenting skills, and/or who are experiencing one or more of the following risk factors:
- Difficulty managing a child’s behavior
- High stress living environment
- Struggle with depression or anxiety
- Experienced divorce/separation
- Non-traditional family structure
- Teen parent
- Limited support systems
- Low-income or homeless
Services include parenting education, resource development and/or attainment, community referrals, child care during group parenting sessions and limited transportation to group sessions. Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) staff and curriculum are available.
- Must have a child in the home 18 months to 12 years of age and reside in Tarrant County
- Cannot have an open CPS case
- Must be voluntarily participating in services
For more information or to make a referral, contact Anne Marie Croft at 817.289.3895. You can also complete the Families First Referral Form. Anyone can refer a family for services.